Personal Reflections {happy thanksgiving, friends}

November 26, 2014

hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-michele-farmhouse-table-reading-book

I have been toiling, but it's time for a long exhale
to prepare my heart for Thanksgiving tomorrow.


Elizabeth-Messina-photo-door-window-farmhouse-table-candles
photography: Elizabeth Messina of Kiss the Groom

I discovered the work of photographer
Elizabeth Messina a few years ago,
and I find her style luminously poetic
and the light she captures nothing
less than transcendent.

elizabeth-messina-floral-romantic-centerpiece-table-farmhouse-pink

I hope you will find peace and tranquility blooming this holiday.

elizabeth-messina-placestting-farmhouse-table-china-floral-centerpiece

I hope your senses will fill with lovely sights,
sounds, aromatics, and caresses.

elizabeth-messina-vintage-books-silver-cup-floral-arrangement

I hope there will be love.

elizabeth-messina-farmhouse-table-floral-centerpiece-candles-placesettings

I hope the light will find a way in.


hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-farmhouse-table-galvanized-hydrangea-navajo-prayer
 Navajo prayer - my photo


I hope if joy is yours, you will share it.

hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-piano-white-french-chair-tissue-pouf
my photo

I hope whether it has been a year of questions
or a year of answers, you will reflect upon
its silver linings.

hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-belgian-linen-sofa-michele-shih tzu

I hope you still find wonder.

hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-farmhouse-french-nordic-kitchen-silver-table-quartz



I hope you know I honor the time you take
to visit me here and add to the beauty.

Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends; and
peace to you and yours right where you are.





 

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Gorgeous!!! Cheers to a wonderful holiday spent with those we love. I am grateful for your friendship and support Michele and your blog and musings that always make me smile. A very HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful and so comfortable and warm. I'm following, coming over from Tina's place.
    Happy Thanksgiving !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thrilled to have you here, marsha. happy holidays.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful Thanksgiving table! The atmosphere is so calming and warming. Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)
    Expert cleaning services Clapham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree about the calm and warmth--my dream tablescape!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely heart filled post! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. best to you, mary anne. thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  5. Michele...... I'm so glad I didn't miss this. Stunning photography and so romantic. Wishing you and your family a peaceful holiday weekend. xxL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading, leslie. hope your thanksgiving was a happy one in your new home!

      Delete
  6. Hi beautiful,
    Thank you so dearly for making it over to my site to give all the encouragement you always so kindly give. You always make me feel so special.

    As for the dinner table settings and vignette I would have to agree with you on how dreamy it is. A romantic table sets the tone of how the meal will go, and how it will be enjoyed.

    See you and all the beauty you inspire here soon. Have you given much thought to a move, or are you staying a bit longer in your home?

    Xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dore, you always brighten and lighten my mood with lovely words and a generous spirit. we are staying put for the time being, and i would be blogging about the journey were it not necessary to exercise some discretion (translation: there are still secrets, fun fun secrets, which must be kept for now). i am so excited for you and the book launch which will be spotlighted and referenced where possible right here! love to you.

      Delete
  7. I am so glad that you enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving, sweet Michele. Everything looks wonderful, as always.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that i could create a holiday mood like this one captured by elizabeth! i will strive to do so! thanks, teresa.

      Delete
  8. What beautiful images..glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, julie. hope your holidays are bringing you joy and peace.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful post, Michele! Your words....the lovely photos, what a treat! I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with warmth, good food and loved ones. Happy December~

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just the
    most precious and
    beautiful soul, Michele.

    I hope your Thanksgiving
    was a reflection of all
    that you love and hold
    dear, and that you are
    able to embrace all that
    December holds with
    open arms!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, and perfectly beautiful words and wishes Michele... You know how to touch right down into the heart and soul with your words - and I love how you know that we each toil and struggle underneath our cheerful holiday facade...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!