Fashion Inspiration: Chanel {spring/summer 2015}

February 10, 2015



Happen to catch the haute couture
spring/summer 2015 fashion shows?

Until now, I was too busy frolicking
at the beach with sea turtles
to even glimpse a youtube of CHANEL's
enchanting collection you see here.




While viewing footage of the show,
here were my scribbled notes:

What a happy Degas-for-everyday-dreamfest
of artfully poetic magic.

At the start of the show, a soaring garden of pristine white
(breathtaking on its own), morphed into
blooming brilliant juicy spring color.



the blushing bride

I mean...who cannot appreciate a luscious, lingering,
buttercream-intoxicated high, sans punishing post-sugar crash?



Slouchy-sweet, be-feathered Chanel beanies and hoods, anyone?

We saw low-slung skirts and cropped tweed jackets
inject youthful verve into the happyhearted collection.

We saw intricate Chanel workmanship of 
thousands of delicate beaded flowers...and heavenly tulle!
What is more romantic and timelessly
feminine than yards of the billowy gossamer
stuff along with organza, silk, and fringe
floating down the runway?



We saw three quarter length sleeves,
shimmery sequins,
long-tailed skinny belts (some patent),
netty veiled eyes,
and innovatively exaggerated
Peter Pan collars.




I think you already know how I feel about a vibe
of creatively sophisticated innocent whimsy,
whether it is reflected in: apparel non-Olsen twins
will never wear, a poem, a room's decor,
or a piece of art, oui?

It's like this:



backstage

Grateful.
Awed and intimately at home with
beautifully quiet colors
reminiscent of childlike (but not childish) wonder.





This video is well worth your 2 minutes...
to illuminate what truly makes it haute couture.

I hope this escape to Chanel-land
finds you with a whisperysoft heart.

If not, always feel free to share the heavy
here in a comment...this is a gentle landing
for burdens and for reflecting good wishes back.

Peace to you right where you are.



You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Oh be stil my fun artistic heart! Michele, I could so sit and flower and bead, could you not as well?
    I see so much of the fancy flirty dress play here that is so you. I loved watching the video and after it was over I just wanted to bead and flower something fancy fun :)

    You come up with the best postings and I adore your soulful play in your writings.
    Thank you beautiful friend for kick starting my heart in a dancing frenzy tonight.
    I am still waiting for a new video from you, dancing about your home artistically sharing.

    See you soon my little pretty.

    Xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. i do need a new dance video. thanks for being such a fun member of the tribe, dore. xox

      Delete
  2. The video is amazing and each piece is like a true work of art…great post, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? i just love that we now have the privilege of seeing this sort of workmanship behind the scenes.

      Delete
  3. I thought all of the Couture shows were divine, but Chanel's enchanted greenhouse took to a whole other level. Love the dream world that only haute-couture can create! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele I love all of these wonderful feminine looks for Springtime! So many of the the Couture Fashion shows featured wondrous pieces of artful creations!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The HighBoy featured at The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not used to actually liking the couture clothing! i could totally see how these looks could translate to mainstream. so pretty!

      Delete
  5. That line could inspire a few paintings! so artistic and fanciful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fashion is delightful, but your words swooped me away even more... I think you should be writing the reviews for all the fashion shows!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fashion is delightful, but your words swooped me away even more... I think you should be writing the reviews for all the fashion shows!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!