Decor Inspiration: Delft Lovely

February 02, 2015


designer: Gio Ponti (1961) photography: Sam Grawe

I'm in the mood for blue and white,
and this lineup inspires me to mosey into
a naturally lit room, grab a paintbrush and blank
canvases, and go blueberry wild.


Rodarte, 2011



the enchanted home




British painter Howard Hodgkin’s Brush fabric, created for Designers Guild


via

The vintage fabric you see above?
It's Brunschwig & Fils, and I found a custom
valance made from it at an estate sale and sold
it to a very happy customer!





Prada



Would you, could you?


Valentino

I swear I would wear this better than
the model and with a great big megawatt smile.
Yesssss, that sure is swaggerly talk from a past her prime pip squeak.
But just maybe Valentino is reading...stranger things have happened here, dude.



the enchanted home

I do believe I could cozy down in Tina's logia
and maybe sing for my crostini and blueberry crisp here.


Marcel Wanders



If winter weather and all the white stuff has you feelin blue,
I hope these images deliver some cheer.


crumpled cans - artist Lei Xue


I hope you know you are quite enough just as you are,
blue hair, ew hair, or no hair,
with or without a blockbluster blog,
despite your achievements or work success...
just listen to what someone wise suggests:


my photo

"…do not depend on the hope of results. …you may have to face the fact that your work will be apparently worthless and even achieve no result at all, if not perhaps results opposite to what you expect. As you get used to this idea, you start more and more to concentrate not on the results,
but on the value, the rightness, the truth of the work itself." (thomas merton)


my painting in loi and tom's lovely home


The value, the rightness, the truth of the work itself.
Isn't that a lovely reminder!?!

Peace to you right where you are.



You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love blue&white:) Especially with this shade of blue - like ink :)
    leather cleaning london

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michele,
    There is way to much to talk about, first of all I love how soulful your ending is, summing it up with this beautiful child, (you) dressed in your blue coat and standing so preciously in a beautiful pout.
    It's really a soulful piece to display in your home as I have seen in many of your postings.

    As for your painting in Loi's home could it have gone to any more beautiful home of perfectness? And could anyone have painted blue any better ? ..... I think not!

    The prada would be a show stopper shopping with that hand bag,mand the painted fabric of blue strokes I may just try this :))
    I too have been painting the sea...and creating knits along with my salvage bits of this and that's.

    Thank you beauty for stopping by and always encouraging all that I love so about sharing art and designs here with all.

    You are someone to love my dear, stay beautiful inside and out, keep painting the sea, you see it better then we all.

    Xoxo
    Dore

    PS.... loi must love the vibe it adds to his designs, I know I sure would :)

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you make me smile and would be right at home in our home since we share so many of the same sensibilities. funny you mention your knits...as i blogged about them last night and you will be seeing them in my next post. i am a true lover of blue...it is a genetic condition, and my mom and her daughters all share the same affection for the 'just right' blue. thanks for being in my world, dore. xox

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should get the Valentino dress.....just do it Michele;) You know I love blue and white so this post has put me in my happy place. Hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! when couture is in my budget that could happen (but prob not even then...i'm a frugal mambajamba doncha know).

      Delete
  5. You know this post has my name all over it. Don't you wish we could just hang out in Tina's loggia and chatter the day away? Hope you are having a beautiful week, my friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luckily I don't get the
    winter blues (imagine
    how awful THAT would
    be, living here) but these
    lovely images lifted my
    spirits, nonetheless! LOVE
    your Langston Hughes
    piece and of course, the
    darling photo of little you : )

    Don't get me started on
    Tina's loggia ~ that girl has
    some fine digs and I would
    cozy up there in a heartbeat!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the photo is not me...it's a treasured print by the amazing artist Loretta Lux. so powerful and beautiful. thanks, suzanne. you always say the sweetest things.

      Delete
  7. how the heck did I miss this scrumptious post....so full of beauty and then what a lovely surprise to see a few of my pics in there, thank you Michele! I cannot get enough of blue pure and simple, it rocks like no other!
    Stay warm.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so happy you popped over for the indigolovefest where enchanted rhythm and blues are soundtrack. yer welcome, gorgeous.

      Delete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!