Valentines Day Recipes & Gift Idea for Valentine's Day

February 01, 2017

Vanilla cake: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
1.
Vanilla Cake for Two
It is one-something in the wee hours of the morning,
and my little tummy is growling as I consider
these mouthwatering recipes to make for
Valentine's Day, Love Day, which is
to say, everyday you find your
heart beating on the big
blueberry earth.

I know I sound like a broken record
lately...but here I go again.
My heart is very tender at the moment.
I'm in Arizona visiting my parents,
both of whom are fighting serious
battles with their health and facing
surgeries and unlovely treatment.
But you would never know it, guys.
They live with true joy,
and they love with such great love
that all who are lucky to cross paths
with them, leave unchanged.

My mom's ongoing fight with cancer
keeps taking twists and turns that offer
new opportunities for transformation.
Not just for her, but for us.
I'm amazed at how she is
surviving the fires which refine her,
and as I keep telling her,
oh, mama, sometimes when you
lose, you win!

I wish the love burning in my heart
could somehow be directed like a
laser beam...to Washington D.C.,
to Syria, to hurting hearts everywhere.
Because love is stronger than death.
Than hate.
Than a political agenda.
Than racism.
Than sexism.
Than cynicism.

*I'm beaming it to you, right where you are.*



So many yummy dishes to make here,
and I would love to hear which one
sounds like a winner to your palate.

I have my eye on the red snapper that follows,
but I'm also thinking about trying to make
a pizza pot pie after seeing an image of one from
the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Co.

The restaurant is one I have walked past many times,
just across the way from the site of the Saint
Valentine's Day Massacre, on North Clark Street.

Although Chicago is known for its delicious deep dish,
this place serves a pizza pot pie which is sort of an upside
down pizza, made in ovenproof bowls.

Image result for chicago pizza and oven grinder pot pie
2.
Pizza Pot pie
The pizza pot pies are flipped over by the waiter
at your table, and this is just the sort of drama
that could be fun around loveday, doncha think?



Speaking of Cupid, love, and Chicago,
 on Feb. 11th, hundreds of Chicagoites
will brave the cold in just their underwear
to raise awareness and fund the research
of neurofibromatosis (NF).


Image result for cupids undie run chicago The world's largest organized undie run,
Cupid's Undie Run, is a valentines themed,
1 mile fun run + a massive party, and
I can't think of a better reason to
skip the pants on a chilly February day. 




Full details on the Chicago event are here.



On with the romantic recipes for Valentine's Day!

Red snapper: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
3.
Red Snapper Veracruz

Arctic char: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
4.
Arctic Char


Magic cookie bars: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
5.
Magic Cookie Bars


Winter sangria: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
6.
Winter Sangria

Chicken Aldredo Dip: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
7.
Chicken Alfredo Dip


Ina Garten's Pot Pie: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
8.
Ina Garten's Pot Pie

Cherry Tomato Frittata: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
9.
Cherry Tomato Frittata


Funfetti Cake: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
10.
Funfetti Cake
Lentils with Kale: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
11.
Lentils with Mushrooms and Kale
Oh my lord, Cannellevanille served it with this
on the side:


Antipasta: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
CannelleVanille


Cioppino: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
12.
Cioppino

Spicy Carbonara Spaghetti: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
13.
Spicy Carbonara Spaghetti
Filet Mignon: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
14.
Filet Mignon
Cake Truffles: romantic recipes for valentine's day on hello lovely studio
15.
Cake Truffles
Blueberry muffins in bright yellow bowl by Hello Lovely Studio
16.
My Blueberry Muffins - Hello Lovely Studio
Can blueberry muffins be romantic for
Valentine's Day?

Of course, they can...simply
follow my recipe and feel free to
ADD EXTRA LOVE.

I made these just for you this morning.



A red bowl and spatula will also
add romance...true!


Boo. I had no paper muffin cups for them...and yet we survived.

Hello Lovely Blueberry Muffins

INGREDIENTS
LOVE
3 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
¾ cup sugar
 Pinch salt
5 eggs, slightly beaten
½ cup milk 
1/2 cup sour cream
5 ounces butter, melted and cooled
4 or 5 cups blueberries, fresh
 Sugar for topping

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Mix all dry ingredients together. Stir in eggs,
milk and butter; do not overmix.
Carefully stir in berries and the LOVE.

3. Grease the top of large muffin tins.
Insert paper cups and spoon batter to the top
of the paper cups. 

4. Sprinkle with sugar generously (I'm not gonna lie...I bury these babies with sugar, mama, and you should probably not be so generous, but if you decide to be, I do salute you, kittycats.)

Place muffin tins on middle shelf of oven.
Bake about 25 minutes, until muffins are golden brown.
Remove from muffin tins and cool.

Blueberry muffins in bright yellow bowl on farmhouse table Hello Lovely Studio
Everything tastes better in a yellow polka-dot bowl
And now for the gift idea!
This one's perfect for getting and giving
to everyone, from girls to grandpas.



Recently is a mobile-to-magazine app and
turns your camera roll into a collection-worthy
magazine...yes, m'am, a real hard copy, lovely
paper magazine printed on archival Mohawk paper.

Who doesn't love the idea of their own
beautiful magazine with photography
of loved ones, assorted passions,
and joyful memorable occasions? It's genius.

With a single tap, this app curates and designs
your magazine, but leaves lots of room for
your preferences.

I'm so grateful Recently gifted me with a
subscription, and I can hardly wait to
get publishing.



Your turn.
Which recipe has your mouth watering?
Would you strip down on a winter Chicago day for charity?
Would you love to receive Recently as a gift?


Sending all of my love to you
during these weeks leading up
to the big V.

Peace to you right where you are.



Hello Lovely Studio Michel pointe shoes ballet slippers denim

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Lots of Yummy food ideas!! I was thinking about having a Valentines get together!! Prayers for your Mom and what a wonderful attitude you both have. Very encouraging that in hardships people look for and appreciate the silver linings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should def have a get together! thanks so much for the prayers. ya know, the silver linings always shimmer so beautifully, they are hard to miss.xox

      Delete
  2. All sooooo tempting! And I'll have a couple of your blueberry muffins. Prayers for your parents, my friend.
    xoxo
    L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're all yours, friend. thanks for the prayers and best to you in your new adventure and transition! xox

      Delete
  3. well first of all because you've ended the post with all these gorgeous looking recipes I have one reaction. Wow. I'm literally salivating. Ding-ding. Yes, I am a little trained lab rat when it comes to yummy pictures. I'm not sure what we're eating on V day, we head back to our hometown and have an annual Valentine dinner with three other couples who we've known forever. Since kindergarten actually. (Our kids-not ours but that's still forever) It's an annual treat and I really look forward to it.
    Now on your parents, I have to say that I didn't know anything about your Dad's health issues. I knew your Mom was still grappling with her cancer but has something happened recently with your dad? my gosh I am so sorry to hear that and yet they sound like they are so strong in faith and heart. So maybe that's why your working on your Arizona fixer right? Because you need to be close to them? I'm so glad you have that place there. Please keep me posted, I will include them in my prayers to the blessed mother. she never fails me. hugs to you dear one.
    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the prayers and the conversations with Mary (she's the bombdiggityfreshest). yep. we bought a place near my folks' house even though they have plenty of space for us--they are totally into interior design like us, and they have helped us every step of the way so it's been a family affair. i'll be writing about it in stories rolling out here soon. today's a hard day, and i am so thankful for the support from around the globe. xox

      Delete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!