Decor Inspiration: Serenely Chic Condo {Sarah Richardson}

January 27, 2014



Major motivational issues here these frigid days
of the polar schmolar vortex...
who can be expected to sweep floors
and plan meals with the winds howling
like lions, the frozen tundra biting your
shih-tzu's  wee paws?

For now, let's warm up via daydreaming...
about a serenely chic condo designed by



J'aime symmetry, I really do.


What do you think about the mirrored breakfast bar?


The group of candlesticks have such a
Scandinavian charm thing goin' on.


I had hickory floors like these in a prior home...the
variation made them very easy to live with.


I don't care for the black cooktop, but isn't
this an elegantly sweet little kitchen?

Stay warm, friends, and if I may suggest:
curl up in a warm duvet with a hot beverage


Peace to you right where you are.







You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. What a charmer! Reminds me so much of you even if I was seeing this elsewhere....she is one talented lady! I love your new blog look and if I said it already, just saying it again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, great choice of colors! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this episode when this condo was done and absolutely LOVED it!! It is so charming and the kitchen had great attention to detail!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm jealous! i have to find a place to see the episode!

      Delete
  4. Darling kitchen and those floors are gorgeous. I like the kitchen sink faucet and the open cabinets are perfect in this setting. I want the glass coffee table .. and yep, I like that symmetry:) xxL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not getting much done in the housework field these days either! So cold and windy out there. I haven't stepped foot outside for a week and I spend most of my time in warm fuzzy pj's! I have been creating some fun things that will be up for sale at some upcoming shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the wind is just eeeeeeeevilllllll. the best thing about working from home is def the wardrobe required: pjs.

      Delete
  6. I just love it, the colors and the relaxed yet sophisticated feel! She is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how Sarah's
    spaces are feminine
    yet would not send a
    man running for the hills!

    I agree with you about
    the stove....and that it is,
    indeed, a sweet kitchen!!

    Stay cozy. I have a busy
    week and must face the
    elements, but I try to do
    it with a smile and pretend
    I am in Siberia!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! i know what you mean. i sort of feel like superwoman when i am out and about in this frozen tundra. then again, i'm a hotflashing hottie so i tolerate this cold better than most!

      Delete
  8. I especially like the subtle and elegant backsplash with the counter in the kitchen. (and I do like the mirror on the breakfast bar - and the little storage or access area just to the side. Marvelous use of space

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!