Simple, Spare Lovely Swedish Apartment {Decor Inspiration}

January 05, 2014


At lunch today with friends,
we discussed housework and
excessive, unused dusty spaces.

With an empty nest, extra space
and extra stuff seems to be
zapping my energy.

Does this sound nuts?
Anybody else have this syndrome?


(This is a petite Gothenburg apartment in Sweden.)

For sure I am romanticizing,
but the idea of having a wee space
like this to keep clean is sort
of growing on me.
 

Here is where I would write maybe not
a bestseller, but a book to be proud of.


I'll need a bigger range though.
Come to mama, exposed brickwork.

 via

I'll share pics of my (dusty) house with the
gorgeous winter light pouring in very soon.

p.s.
it's not just the house causing me
to feel enslaved; all the technology
has me seriously considering
going Amish.

Peace to you right where you are.








You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Great looking place! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place - I'm in love with that exposed brick as well ... swoony swoon swoon. Also beautiful? You're new design!! It looks very chic and very lovely my dear :) Happy New Year gorgeous lady! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, sweetie! can't wait to take advantage of this broader area for big images!

      Delete
  3. Happy new year Michele! LOVE that brick wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, Michelle! Hence the move to the wee cape cod by the sea. Just going through everything, draws, shed, closets, garage, etc. Having one helluva house contents sale. Hoping to downsize and minimize, 6 weeks to go, full steam ahead! xo Patty/BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. soooooooo exciting, patty! my thoughts are with you as you count down the days. keep me posted. i'm visiting muskoka next month!

      Delete
  5. Wow -such a cool apartment! And, I have to say your new look is fierce. Beautiful, Michele!! A Fabulous way to start 2014. Happy New Year!
    xo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Less is more and I'm ready to simplify. That kitchen is darling and I love the stove;) Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you blog if you are Amish? I think not, and I would miss you! Love this gorgeous spare, Swedish-nish, though! The exposed brick is a dream - as are the white-washed floors. I think, however, that even in such a minimal space the dust would still find me.

    Like the new look over here! Happy New Year! I hope 2014 is off to a lovely start for you. Here's to a wonderful year, filled with joy and happiness! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharing the beauty as always, sweet Michele. What is not to love?
    So looking forward to 2014!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. God, it's so bright and pretty there! Even though i have clutter, i love seeing less. Just seems like it could clear the mind for creative pursuits to have less "stuff" around...

    Your new header is cool!!! I love how simple it is. I loved your old ballet slipper header too... but I like this one just as much in a different way....

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!