Books: 100 lovely drawings {pencil in hand}

September 20, 2014



I have a weakness for art books. (Here's a little bit of the evidence.)

On my etagere is
Pencil in Hand: 20th-Century Drawings
(ACC Distribution)
which offers an overview of drawings
from cherished artists of the past 100 years.



Paul Klee

Inside, you'll find works by Pablo Picasso, Joan Miró, Salvador Dalí, Edgar Degas, Fernand Khnopff, Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele,
Henri Matisse, George Grosz, and many more.

Pencil in Hand: 20th-Century Drawings
contains more than 100 drawings from Spain and abroad.
The works form part of the 20th Century Drawing Collection, 
belonging to
the FUNDACIÓN MAPFRE,
a most prestigious cultural institution in Spain.

* * *

I bet my interior design freaky friends will be
tempted to buy and de-construct this gorgeous book,
framing the masterful prints for a brilliant gallery wall!

Isn't it miraculous what a simple pencil in the hand
of an artist is capable of?

Peace to you right where you are.




Click for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I would love to take a look at that.That Fernand Khnopff drawing is beautiful and haunting. I really would love to learn more about art. Thats quite a collection you have there you could get lost for hours going through those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm relatively new to learning about art. although i took courses in college, all those years of raising my kids did not seem to afford themselves to exploring like i do now. truth be told, i'm still much more interested in creating it than learning the history and technical stuff!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele, art books? You are talking my language.
    I have a built in library of art and design books taking up space in a closet. I love pencil drawings and intricate art pieces done in lead there is something that captivates every being of intrigue.

    I love your shelved books right at hand,a perfect library sitting room.

    Xx
    A beautiful day to read.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i cannot draw so i am quite envious of artists who can begin their works this way. just as my brain is most often in abstract mode, so my tastes stray in that direction as well. i'd love to see your books!

      Delete
  4. Would love to add this to my bookshelf - I could thumb through the pages when I needed a little push to put pencil to paper. Happy Fall, Michele! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could just sit right down on the floor with a pile of your art books for hours. Seeing other artist's creations is so inspiring for me, and makes me die to go paint something, anything. The more I paint the more I appreciate other artist's work and unique styles. Also, sometimes it is the very simplest stroke on canvas or paper, that has the biggest impact...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!