My Home: Thanksgiving {2014}

December 10, 2014



thanksgiving-table-decor-tablescape-black-white-hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-quotes-plates

This year for the Thanksgiving tablescape I departed from
a typical romantic/feminine decor style and opted for
a youthful and simple black and white scheme.

thanksgiving-table-decor-tablescape-black-white-hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-quotes-plates-oranges


For the dinner table, I layered on
kraft paper (stenciled with a French Poem stencil
from Royal Designs), then a runner (made of giftwrap with
a crux motif), an antique bread board piled with boxwood,
clove studded clementines, candle holders from Sweden,
and white roses (I loved that our sophomore in college
helped me decorate the clementines just like I used to
do as a child with my adopted Swedish family).

thanksgiving-table-decor-tablescape-black-white-hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-quotes-plates


 I went for bold graphic statements including creating a different
quote at each placesetting...an idea inspired by a post by my
good blog friend Leslie of Gwen Moss.


thanksgiving-table-decor-tablescape-black-white-hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-quotes-plates
thanksgiving-table-decor-tablescape-black-white-hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-quotes-plates

Black posterboard, chalk, and a white paint pen are all you need
to create quick easy sentiments...also a great conversation
starter since guests can guess the author of the quotes.

peace-wreath-wool-pom-poms-hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-holiday-decor-christmas-pinecones
Peace Pom Pom Wreath, $32.50

Thanks for reflecting with me on last month's holiday.
I'm linking this to MMS's party.

* * *
And yes, a NEW tufted wool pom pom wreath I
created and added to the shop!

Next, I will be sharing images from a very special
holiday party we attended last weekend.

Peace to you right where you are.



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. What a fun Thanksgiving table! I love the graphic black and white. So unexpected! The quotes, the stenciled kraft paper. All so clever. Thanks for sharing your table with us. Love the inspiration! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle your holiday table is so unique, so interesting! I love the color palette you chose and even stenciling the kraft paper adds such a great touch!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Michele and love the touch of whimsy.....you did such a great job! Happy holidays....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white Michele and the use of stencils is so fun and festive. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday and by the looks of your table, you had a memorable day:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!