Grace and Frankie Beach House

April 11, 2017

Grace and Frankie La Jolla beach house shingled exterior
The Real Beach House by Giannetti Home
Before we dive into Grace and Frankie's
La Jolla beach house, thanks for tuning
a brand new color called Soprano...
I'm lucky enough to be one of the first to use
this color so I hit you with a ton of images!

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Serene chic simple Nordic French kitchen with grey cabinets and Soprano quartz countertop and backsplash
The Arizona Fixer Upper - Viatera quartz in Soprano

The beach house in the netflix series Grace and Frankie
starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin
has a lot of folks swooning, including my sister, who
encouraged me to watch it for the house and for
Jane Fonda's wardrobe.

I don't watch a lot of TV beyond Real Housewives
(hearing the bickering, nonsensical drama, and
wine-fueled dialogue somehow relaxes me yet makes my
husband and sons want to hurl themselves out the
nearest window) so I rely on friends and family to
keep me apprised of what's popular and trending on the tube.

Have you seen Grace and Frankie?

Grace and Frankie beach house interior
Grace and Frankie California Beach House
Today, Brooke Giannetti commented on IG
that she was watching the series and it felt surreal since
Steve designed the house inspiring this beach house!
So that seals it.
Now that I know the Grace and Frankie 
beach house and set interiors were inspired by
designed, I have to binge watch it!

Have a look at some stills from Grace and Frankie,
as well as some gifs I found of some hilarious scenes
my sister told me were her favorites...
and stay tuned for my next post where I show
you the original beach house by Giannetti Home
that inspired this one on the show.

Grace and  Frankie beach house kitchen with blue cabinets
Grace and Frankie Beach House
I'm spying pretty blue Shaker-style kitchen cabinets,
open shelving, an apron front farm sink
a big butcherblock island with cooktop,
and counter stools covered in grainsack linen.

Grace and Frankie beach house kitchen island in Malibu
Grace and Frankie Beach House
There is also white painted cabinetry in the kitchen
and a beautiful archway with barreled ceiling...looks
like it leads to the dining room.

(I use a red cast iron Dutch oven pan just like this!)

Grace and Frankie beach house kitchen with blue cabinets and barstools
Grace and Frankie Beach House
Here we see the open concept floorplan, plantation shutters,
and nautical style pendant lights above the island.

Grace and Frankie kitchen in beach house with blue cabinets
Grace and Frankie Beach House
The bookshelf with arched detail is a cute
recessed detail in the island.

Grace and Frankie beach house kitchen with blue cabinets
Grace and Frankie Beach House
My sister told me she loves the blue and white dishes,
and here we see them on the white open wood shelves.
I love that vintage style pendant light above the sink.



Grace and Frankie living room in beach house
Grace and Frankie Beach House
A simple, casual, coastal space with blue and orange.

Grace and Frankie beach house pool house exterior with blue door
The Real Beach House by Giannetti Home
Are you a fan of the shingles?

Grace and Frankie beach house exterior garage doors shingled house
The Real Beach House by Giannetti Home
Here's another shot of the exterior.

Grace and Frankie beach house exterior
The Real Beach House by Giannetti Home

Grace and Frankie beach house exterior with arched opening and shingles
The Real Beach House by Giannetti Home from Grace and Frankie
Has it really been decades since Jane was doing this?


Jane Fonda in tights and striped leotard working out
Feels like yesterday!
Seeing these stills reminds me
Jane Fonda still has the best hair, doesn't she?
I watched every season and episode of Newsroom
a few years back and was knocked out by
the incredible shape she remains in and
that hair!

I love here hair here:

Jane Fonda shopping with denim shirt and long blonde hair
Jane Fonda shopping and fabulous
My sister said one of her favorite scenes
in Grace and Frankie is where Jane Fonda's character
catches a glimpse of her upper arm in the mirror,
and it was a TV moment powerful enough to get
written up in the NY Times right here. 

It resonates with a lot of us!

That scene and this still from the series where
Jane's character has a moment of humility
inspired me to make a meme for women in
the second half of life (you're welcome!):



I couldn't resist leaving you with a few
funny gifs from Grace and Frankie
that illuminate what these characters are like...
let me know if you like the series.


Gif Grace and Frankie people in my house

Gif Grace and Frankie Ryan Gosling chair
Gif Grace and Frankie Jane Fonda taking Ryan Gosling chair


Gif Grace and Frankie get me two whiskey sours
Gif Grace and Frankie whiskey sours one for each hand

Ha!

The REAL beach house by Giannetti Home
inspiring the Hollywood set interiors is right here!

For another gorgeous California beach cottage,
tour this Giannetti house!

You might also enjoy:

Steal Ideas from "It's Complicated"
Design in the Movies
Kate Winslet's Cottage in THE HOLIDAY

Peace to you right where you are.



Hello Lovely Studio Michel pointe shoes ballet slippers denim
>

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Michele,
    I was at the gate with this show waiting for it excited to see all the talk long before anyone was chattering about it, all three seasons my daughter and I have watched, the first two are so real in how life takes these strange unexpected turns of events. The writers are genius and the combination of stable and exsentric with Grace (Jane Fonda) and Frankie (LilyTomlin) the humor from this cast is entertaining to say the least. The 2 seasons take you through a life journey questioning what the heck went wrong...pot smoking Frankie muddles through her loss and left over free spirited artist new age days. Grace is the reasoning and sounding board of running the show.... Season 3 gets even more loose and graphic, if you thought season 1 and 2 crossed some boundaries wait for season 3.... Funny yes indeed and your sister was so right about watching the home and clothing style of Grace. Frankie is spotted wearing Robins designs from her Magnolia Pearl clothing line.

    As for grace and Frankie's beach house...wait until you see the home their gay ex's buy in season 3... I was going crazy over so many features in their home and I so was wishing it were my home. Yes, I could make my home decor fit right in anchoring it with some kilim rugs and some great French wall hangings.
    I know your style and taste and their home won't disappoint you.

    I rarely watch TV. Not even housewives...I am hooked on Nashville and love the homes in that show as well. Well my dear enjoy catching up...and will love to hear what you think of the ex's new home.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the review, Dore. i hope to binge watch it someday when i take a vacation! xox

      Delete
  2. I am rewatching the series, for the dialog and the home! Just FYI their home is set in La Jolla, not Malibu. I believe the actual home ny Gianetti is in Malibu but they are not in the show. If you are unfamiliar with California Malibu and La Jolla are no where close to each other. No biggie but I thought I'd clear that up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this show and wish they would tape more episodes. I keep watching for an announcement of a continuation. I am just like your sister, love the house and the way Jane Fonda dresses, she has some great tops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will do what i can and have my people work on getting more episodes in the hopper, kathy! i better catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother and I are both big Housewives fans and dearly love Grace and Frankie! My mother is about Jane's age and was so inspired by her clothes that we made it our mission to get my mom some
    "Jane shirts"! We binge watch the show when she visits which will be next month. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! thanks for sharing, this katherine! i will see if my mom will binge watch it with me when i visit her! xox

      Delete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!