Travel Inspiration: FOUR SEASONS Scottsdale at Troon North

June 16, 2011

Equally spectacular in daylight.

If you have followed my lovely journey,
you may remember
I was a bit of a
spa-hopper this spring.

The maiden spa hopping voyage
of this HiGh aNXiety type
was truly an adventure in wellness!

My mission:
experience today's best of the best spas
and assess their ability to deliver effective
and lingering rejuvenation.

Yes. I hit the road in my little waffle weave robe
 and slippers just for YOU (okay, and me).

And I discovered
the suprisingly unpretentious
and earth friendly Spa at

F O U R  S E A S O N S  R E S O R T
S C O T T S D A L E

to be a true oasis.



A treatment featuring radiant gold.


Four Seasons Resort
is light years
away from all hustle and bustle,
and I'm not sure what I expected,
but the architecture is as
divine as the natural beauty
surrounding the property.

High in the Sonoran Desert, the resort rests
in the cooling foothills of Pinnacle Peak.
 

A treatment room.

The resort’s Southwestern-style casitas,
vistas, and attention to detail provide
an ideal backdrop for relaxation and renewal.

Saguaro Blossom Restaurant

Before our treatments, we enjoyed
a delicious poolside lunch at


Relaxation areas at the spa are decorated
casually with a Southwest motif.

While the decor is decidedly laid back,
from the moment my companion and I
were greeted by the concierge,
the treatment was royal.

My companion experienced a
FIRMING COLLAGEN
anti-ageing facial.

This 80-minute treatment combats
wrinkles and skin slackening and involves
Hungarian facial massage to stimulate circulation.

A botanical collagen mask left her
skin soft, supple, and healthier than ever. 



My Four Seasons ecstasy du jour
was the signature
HEALING HIKER'S
full body massage.

Shhhhhh.
On this trip I was a Fashion Square hiker,
not a Pinnacle Peak one.
As much as I adore becoming
'one with nature' it was necessary
to assist my companion with shoe shopping.
80 minutes of attentive therapy
incorporated mountain arnica and sage
(to ease inflammation and soreness).
Special attention is paid to legs
to help rejuvenate tired muscles.


Floated on air lately?
Experienced tension released from every muscle
to a degree you suspect voodoo?
Ah...then you understand perfectly how we departed

I will definitely return to soak up
Four Seasons warmth and hospitality again
and encourage you to explore Scottsdale.

Peace to you right where you are.






INTERIOR DESIGN
Farmhouse Style
Cottage Style
Paris Apartment
Timeless Design
Swedish Style
Tranquil Rooms

RENOVATION
Arizona Cottage Makeover
Chicago Fixer Upper
Our First Home
Great Before/Afters
Renovation Resources
Secrets to Surviving a Reno

ART/DESIGN
My Art
Artists
Books
Interviews with Creatives

CREATIVES
Interviews
Artists
Interior Designers

DIY
Home Decor
Crafts
Recipes
Build a Better Blog

BEAUTY/FASHION
Skincare
Fashion Designers
Clothing

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Michele... I'm jealous! LOL I'm joking! I'm actually happy you're taking care of yourself because you deserve it!

    I love seeing your posts about spas. So interesting!

    Have a Blessed Day!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it! I am so going with you! My tired legs and wrinkly face (not to mention the turkey neck...) are in need of some attention. And the places you pick seem so good for the soul and the heart as well. What a setting, Michele! No wonder you always seem so content and relaxed!

    Warm hugs

    Mon

    P.S I swear - every time I write about dear blog friends my readers go quiet on me. I obviously can't have any favorites! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes please!!! This looks amazing and so beautiful!!! Heck, I could just sit at the pool all day, well, maybe I would need to experience a massage or four! :)
    What a great idea to go experience all these wonderful places!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!