Books: The ART of Color {Farrow & Ball}

August 22, 2011


I have been familiar with Farrow & Ball's
incredible color palette for years and had
the opportunity to drop in the
downtown Chicago store the other day.

Have you peeked inside the yummy book



It's a thing. of. beauty.

Author
Brian Coleman
and photographer
Edward Addeo
lead us on a tour of
castles,
cottages,
lofts,
and more
to demonstrate how
paint color and wallpaper
work magic in a variety of spaces.

London Stone

Dimity

Mouse's Back
Don't miss
the Farrow & Ball 'pale powder'
and 'off white' kitchen
on p. 138...
the tile is to die for,
and I keep
permanently open
to this page!

Have a favorite go-to paint color
you return to again and again?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. PAINT COLORS….wow they have come to extremes of indulgence. Thank heavens, there are so many beautiful ones to pick from!

    Have a terrific tuesday!

    Xo,
    Renee and Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their colors so much. They seem like peace in a can. But I didn't know they had a Chicago store! Do you have the address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. peace in a can. i visited the showroom in the merchandise mart downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how this post speaks to me! Farrow & Ball's paint in Skimming Stone and the Wisteria wallpaper are both part of my office makeover! LOVE their products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Now help me pick out the most prefect white for walls. (Not trim). I mean it! I need some suggestions for a client!

    Busy, busy over here. Still living with bad commas! (: Thank you for trying to help me. You are THE BEST!

    Love to you,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you via a couple of blogrolls, and I'm hooked!

    My go to paint colors? As trite as it sounds, RH Silver Sage is my absolute, hands down favorite. Years ago, I searched high and low for the perfect light green to coordinate with BM Windham Creme (my go to yellow). After shopping paint chips and painting samples, I was fried. Some retail therapy with friends led to a Restoration Hardware store in Richmond ... I noticed the color of the store, was told by the helpful clerk behind the desk that they sold paint, and the rest is history!

    This said, I think I may be moving beyond my beloved Silver Sage. My next color squeeze has been BM Gossamer Blue. Coming soon to a bathroom remodel near you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so yummy! i love paint colors!! I have not tried the farrow and ball colors yet but usually my go to paint is Simply White from Benj. Moore, I love that white!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love their Cooking Apple Green and the Churlish Green. Fun.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!