My Art: Where My Art Lives {Seattle}

August 06, 2011




Before telling you about this mixed media
assemblage I created on a vintage book cover,
hushing for a moment to quietly
savor the thoughtful work of
Danish photographer
Morten Holtum
(whose images I would
very much like to live inside!)









photos above - Morten Holtum

Scandinavians are geniuses
with light and mood, are they not?

Splendid Willow

When I think Scandanavian chic,
I can't help but think of the gorgeous
Monika of Splendid Willow
(images above and below from her home).


My friend Monika is so generous in sharing
lovely, and her spirit never fails to lift me.

She recently gloriously photographed and posted
a book cover collage I created for her.


I adore how Mon showcased the piece!

The theme is familiar garden birds and friendship,
and I incorporated various mixed media
including felted wool (needle felting was my obsession
last winter...awesome badawesome stress relief as
I repeatedly stabbed wool with a needle).


Wow.
I couldn't stay hushed for long.
That's what happens when inspiration
from brilliant Swedes and Danes comes knocking.

See Monika's brilliant blog or shop
for edgy Scandinavian inspired chic, and
do let me know about your
favorite
Scandinavian lovelies
(designers, blogs, photographers, artists...).

random confession:
I married a French-Norwegian,
and I love my Swedes!
My parents are Swedish posers.
As far as I know we have very little
'real' Swedish blood, but we were raised
with much of the culture.
I'm 12.5% Native American...
I mean it shows, right?
The other 87.5% is a mystery.

Peace to you right where you are.





You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Hi my friend, I know that there is a good amount of Swedish in you! Plus you look more Swedish than I do! (:

    I LOVE my art pice. It is very meaningful to me and it will always stay with us. I will show you when I have hung it properly!

    Still enjoying our vacation in Oregeon. We are diving in the sand dunes and riding horses on the beach.

    Not much blogging from my end but I just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy weekend.

    Love to you,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Scandinavian Interiors,
    more and more are starting to appreciate the simplicity and elegance of it these days.

    And that cute dog looks really adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeee the Scandinavian decor soooo much!
    xxx
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the beauty and simplicity of Scandinavian design, and these images are perfect examples!! Hope you're having a great weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh we couldn't help but hush due that we were trying to catch our breath! Gorgeous photography!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    XO,
    Renee and angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous and I would love to come live in that fireplace room please!!!!!
    The world would be a boring place if you were not able to speak my dear and for me it is the voices in my head that I grow tired of. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i do believe i have the sweetest peeps in the blogosphere tolerant of my voice. which is coooool since my kids would mainly like me to zip it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous images! i too wish i lived in a scandanavian interior...and i've got swedish on my side, and danish on my husbands! stopped by via life-made-lovely, definitely coming back. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!