Decor Inspiration: Dream Home Chicago {Michael del Piero}

August 23, 2011



My husband and I happily toured
the design house at
The Merchandise Mart
in Chicago.
(Open until Dec. 9, 2011.)

Nine of Chicago's
top interior designers
dreamed big in this showroom
full of inspiration and sophistication,
and I loved the office designed by
Michael Del Piero.


Michael was guided by the
need for efficiency and flexibility.



This hide was gorgeous, and you know
what else I thought would look great in here?


photo - Splendid Willow

One of Splendid Willow's
Swedish Sheep Skins
(Gotland pelts)
which are both functional
(rugs, blankets, warmth)
and soooooo texturally beautiful.
Omg, have you visited Monika's shop yet?
Prepare to swoon.


The wall texture provides warmth and interest
while the openness of the floor plan
allows for ease of movement.




Why, yes, those are English saddles.



The scale of these chairs was unreal.
I felt gnome-like next to them!

photos by me

Clean lines.
Clean surfaces.
Undecorated style.
Warm contemporary rustic charm.

Michael  is such a genius at injecting a room
with texture and soul without overwhelming it with
"stuff."

My only question:
this office is so tranquil;
do you think you could get
any work done?

Peace to you right where you are.

Resources for this design:

trim: Benjamin Moore, Navajo White
flooring: Birger Juell, White Oak
chairs: Bradley Hughes, Lily Highback
wallcover: Maya Romanoff
leather saddles: Michael Cleary
desk, lamps, bookshelves: Michael Del Piero personal collection




You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Michele, what an amazing exhibition....I love those metal cabinets in the first shot with the old books in them and those slubby wing chairs at the desk...and those saddles... I thought it was metal until you said. Thanks for the tour. Robx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks michele for the tour, michael is an amazing talent, i love her look but have not had time to get to the mart.

    a friend of mine has an office by michael and it is just as wonderful, a soothing but oh so interesting space.

    cheers
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx for taking the tour with me, you guys. she IS incredible, and i still have yet to visit her Good Design shop on Damen!!! i'll be paying them a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! This is so stunning! I love every detail! You take wonderful pictures, Michele!

    Have a great day, sweetie.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that office! Those chairs and that English saddle artwork are amazing. I would want to sit in there starring at everything and not working, color, color is what gets me moving. Looks like it was a fun day thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful rooms! Love the colors and scale of that chair!!

    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend, Shelly, read this post . . . so off we went yesterday on an adventure to the Dream House and then on to the Farrow and Ball paint shop. We had a great day. Thanks for sharing this.

    I love how we are all so different. I didn't like the office at all . . . but I loved the kitchen and the bedroom.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad I found your site and so glad you stopped by mine...from your newest follower...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chicago is my home town. So much great inspiration. Beautiful photos. Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving such a nice compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. glenda, so glad you toured the dream home. i loved the kitchen and bedroom (the dressing room!!!!) too and will be posting images in the days ahead.

    m

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!