Decor Inspiration: Dream HOME Chicago

August 16, 2011



I reallllllly wanted to title this post
"Why I Went Straight Home
and Blew Up My House,"
but that sounded too
shallow and ungrateful even for me.

We were in Chicago celebrating
our anniversary (no. 24) over the weekend
and toured the Dream HOME
(the design house at the merchandise mart)
which runs through Dec. 9.
I snapped these photos quickly,
and honestly there was beauty at every turn.
(above foyer - Julia Buckingham Edelmann)

I'll share more room by room
specifics shortly but wanted to
give you a taste right away.

home office - Michael del Piero

(Hopefully there will be a collaboration with
Michael very soon on an article for print
about her design...woo hoo!)

bedroom - Michael Abrams


kitchen - Shawna Dillon

Loved this kitchen and the cute guy in it.
Shhhhhh. Took him back to my hotel.



Back at the Elysian Hotel...view from our balcony.


**all photos mine**

It was a great urban getaway
to the city and back
to my new favorite
hotel, the Elysian.

We ate way too much good food,
walked the streets forever,
and experienced a few 'Chicago moments'
we'll be laughing about for awhile.

Stay tuned for more dream HOME
scoop straight from the source!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Wow.. I can't wait to see more of this place, M!

    It's stunning! I really like the colors.
    Have a great day and save some macaroons for me next time! ;-)

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me laugh, glad you didn't blow up your house. Oh my goodness, i can see why you were lusting these beautiful rooms...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This home is spectacular! I think we all have wanted to blow up our homes at one point or another and start from scratch! I always feel that way after seeing a stunner such as this one. Happy Anniversay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that house is gorgeous!! Happy anniversary to you, we are celebrating our 15 year today! :)
    We wanted to come to Chicago but just couldn't find the time, hopefully another weekend will open up. I am definitely looking up your hotel, it is beautiful! I am so glad that you had a great time!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Happy Anniversary Michele! Love this home too but with my men I would never be able to keep it clean. I hope you had a wonderful time in the big city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we had a great whirlwind of a time, and it would be impossible to not feel romantic or blessed in that hotel! i can't wait to get back to the merch mart!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated anniversary, Michele!
    Just got back from a night with my daughter in the city school shopping with a day on the beach.
    Will post on it tomorrow.

    Looks like a beautiful stay.
    Have yet to get to the Elysian.
    Heard it is awesome... especially the bars and restaurants.

    xx
    A

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!