Lovely Finds: Jewelry from Nixin

August 19, 2011




Nixin
is jewelry
inspired by
the rich colors
and
delicate beauty
of natural gem stones.

A part of me wants to keep this source of naturally
heavenly bling all to myself...but you...well, YOU are too lovely.


From Collection XIV, "Merron": pyrite druzies
set into sterling silver bezels brushed for softness.

These Nixin lovelies
knocked me out.

Contemporary minimalism
and intricate sophistication
characterize the designs of
designer Nicki.

Coahuila Mexico

Can we talk accessorizing for a moment?
No worries, next post it's back to quantum physics!

What could be more naturally lovely
than precious and semi-precious stones
collected from the heart of a beautiful planet
and incorporated into artful pieces to wear?

Diamond seed rings - gently hammered matte bands

L.A. based designer Nicki Gluckman
created two collections:
"Philosophy"
and
"Collection XIV."

Many of the pieces are one-of-a-kind.
Is it just me, or is the mass of hammered rings above
not mesmerizing and working out something very
spiritual in the soul?

crater from meteor in Algerian Sahara

While browsing Nixin's collections,
my thoughts keep turning toward
the magnificence of the earth
and the idea that the simplicity
of a delicate band of metal,

Coco Blush

the sparkle of a smoky quartz,


volcanoes - Chilean/Argentinian border

"Heavenly" necklace

or even the fiery blaze of opal

Gotland Sweden

Belladonna in blush - rose-cut sapphires

wields a power
to re-orient our attention
to so much overlooked beauty
all around us.

Syrian Desert

I need such reminders...do you?

From the thirsty corners of the globe...


R e f l e c t i o n s ,   g r e y     s t a r l i g h t
Reflections - in grey starlight


Greenland Coast

to icy ones,

Ruby diamond coins

there is evidence everywhere
from a distance
and up close
that
paradise
is
HERE.


Malaspina Glacier - Alaska


Inversion studs

It's a simple thing, yes.
But when we view
gemstones with new eyes...

Great Sandy Desert - Australia

their earthly splendor
shines brighter.


You will LOVE visiting
Nixin
whether your bling cupboard
is overflowing with sparkle
or nonexistent.

These are pieces I truly want to collect!

Nicki has an incredible "friends event" sale
right now and is also offering my blog readers
a special, non-advertised discount
by simply mentioning the blog in
the "note" box on etsy so
please mention Hello Lovely!
(Just convo Nicki
about a piece in which
you're interested
to inquire about final price.)

Have I lost you at "note" box or "convo?"
No worries!
Etsy lingo.
Email me if you need help!

Were you aware you were living
on such a magnificent planet?


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Only you can put together such a wonderful and meaningful post!

    Stunning jewelry! A stack of the diamond seed rings is so me!

    Gotland is very special to me. That is were I spent 19 long and magical summers! All my great childhood memories are from that old Swedish viking island. Would love to take you there one day. Tons of heartshaped rocks on the beaches!

    Happy weekend to you. I am sorry I was such a bad blog friend this week. But a lot of the big stuff is now behind me and I am coming up for fresh air!

    ox, Mon

    ReplyDelete
  2. M,

    I love this post! Sure the jewelry is stunning, but the way you do it makes even more appealing!

    Wishing you a very blessed weekend, my friend.. with a big hug!!!!

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am always available for a gotland getaway, beautiful swedish friend!

    thanks for the props, brazilian lovely...but my new nixin druzy beauties are even prettier than the pictures! really!

    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your secrets when it comes to jewelry... absolutely stunning!! I'm heading over right now and I'll be sure to mention you!

    lol,
    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  5. The diamond seed rings are calling my name! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are massively awesome, do you know that?

    These are amazing pieces ...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning pieces. While at market this past spring we fell in love with a pair of quartz earrings (and didn't buy them). Yes we are kicking ourselves…especially after viewing these beautiful jewels!

    Love this post, very interesting how you put this post together.

    Have a rested weekend!

    XO,
    Renee and Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. My birthday is coming up and I'm sending this post to mister man since I just fell in love with those diamond seed rings! What a great idea you had for this post love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele!
    The jewelry is beautiful and I am loving how you interspersed the planet images into the story line.

    This is a beautiful and magical world we live in.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous, fabulous post. And yes, I do need reminding of the beauty that is right here on our planet - thanks for that. I covet those diamond seed rings...

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can't get those rings off the brain either! silver or gold????

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!