Books: LULU DK {de Kwiatowski}

August 08, 2011


How are you?
Need a little boost?

Extra love, caffeine, and Skittles have been
magically injected into this post
and as always, your lovely today contains
ZERO CALORIES...

Let's get busy with
happy happy color
and perhaps a few nudes
thrown in for good measure, yes?

Can you tell I love picture books yet?
So anxious was I the other day
to devour my copy of
(Ammo Books),
upon removing it
from the lovely
protective white box,
I nearly lacerated a finger
on the cardboard.

Lulu in Lonny Magazine - Oct 2010

Painful but bloody well worth it!
Author of Lulu
Lulu de Kwiatowski
is an acclaimed textile designer,
but it's her vogue psychedelic
autobiographical collages
that thrill me with wonder and
make my heart go...sweeeeeet mama.


Inspired by her travels and childhood,
the artist's mixed media in the book
combine painting, writing, drawing,
and photography.
Much of her work is inspired by...
ahhhhhhh...BEACHES.



Lulu DK is Lulu's company
where linens
like these are designed
for Matouk.


And also china like this.


Lulu's  yummy blog
reveals that all of the
work for Lulu was created
on the floor of her
former NY apartment.


Since I am passionate
about creating collages myself
and sometimes sprawl out on a
giant dropcloth,
the above work-in-progress shot
rocked my sox.

For me, her work is music.
Can you feel the notes of joy and freedom leaping off the page?


I am truly cuckoo,
Lulu, for this beachy pattern
in juicy-licious tones.

Lulu


crazy for the tones in this one too!

Collages from Lulu's book were recently
exhibited and made into prints for sale.

Into the Womb

The beautiful piece above was created
for her mother at a difficult time.
It is perhaps my favorite as I sense
it is so full of hope and comfort.


So original.
So free.
So personal.
So Lulu.

Talk to me, beautiful peeps in blogland.

Could Lulu's designs be
any more funtastic??????

Peace to you right where you are.



Click here for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.


 Hello Lovely at times partners with
with companies I  love and think may interest you.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I adore Lulu and everything she does!! her collages are especially amazing!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing these, Lulus collages are happy and fun, hope you are having a fantastic day!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cutie,

    I haven't heard of Lulu's desgins before. And I am officially in love with the cushions!! Yes, I am!!

    Thank you so much for introducing me to so many awesome designers.

    sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele. Her name goes perfect with her designs, doesn't it? Thanks for letting me share your post and blog over at Cotton Pickin Cute. You can see it here:
    http://cottonpickincute.blogspot.com/2011/08/interior-design-inspiration-at.html

    Have a fun day....Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michele. Her name goes perfect with her designs, doesn't it? Thanks for letting me share your post and blog over at Cotton Pickin Cute. You can see it here:
    http://cottonpickincute.blogspot.com/2011/08/interior-design-inspiration-at.html

    Have a fun day....Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the 1st time I hear about "Lulu" (my sister calls me "Lulu":-) ) and I'm loving the pillows.... they're really cool.

    Oh, I loved your comment today. You really made me laugh!!! :-)

    Have a great day, M.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We agree its like a burst of color similar to skittles in every picture. Fun collages to share with my children and friends!

    Have a wonderful rest of you week!

    XO,
    Renee and Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous collages (although yours are still my favourite ;)) - that plate, though, oh my god I must own that.

    I love the vibe in all of these, so much life in every piece. Thanks for the intro, hunnypot!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!