My Home {Christmas 2010}

December 16, 2010


This was taken months back,
but I wanted to show you
the benches at the table
which are mid-century
oak coffee tables I snagged curbside,
we cut down into benches
and then casually covered with
an antique French linen sheet
embroidered with my monogram.
I was too lazy at the time to sew slipcovers.
Maybe next year, Miss Mustard Seed.



The dining furniture and entry table
were ugly, less than $99 each at an outlet,
and received 3,000 coats
of a linen white paint.




Antique French prayer chairs
sit under modern quote panels
created by me.
(both are Oscar Wilde quotes)



Sparkly!




My office with a pop of red.





The best feature in the room.

OH, YES I swing.
OFTEN.
IT MIGHT BE A PROBLEM.





This dropleaf table was our very first
antique purchase and was used as our
kitchen table in the 80s and early 90s.
The old croquet box was found in
a magnificent cellar in our very first
home in the Chicago area.
Since that house was torn down,
it's about all that remains!





Where we live.
More old wood boxes:
One that once held explosives
(love how it says 'dangerous' all over it)
inside a bigger one from 1949
that once held wine then later
my eldest son's prized possessions.

Thanks for peeking!
I love hearing from you.
Hope you'll follow so I can follow you back.


all images mine

Peace to you right where you are.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. LOVE IS THE AIR!



    I'm in LOVE with your place!!! LOVE! Honestly! Wow!!! I feel on thing as I see your pictures: Peace! Your place is so peaceful, so bright, beautiful! I love it all! When are you inviting me over??? lol

    Seriously, Michelle... I admire your style.

    Congratulations!

    And yes, screw menopause! lol


    xo


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blushing* You're too sweet, L. Yes. Peace and tranquility. The world can be crazy so home for us needs to feel calm. Come over! Bonus points if you get excited about good cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!