Decor Inspiration: Lofty Cali Bungalow by Allison Bloom

May 17, 2012


A loft-inspired home in Mill Valley, CA
is soooooooo very fortunate to have
been designed by the talented and lovely
Allison Bloom.

Oh yes.
I can hear your sighs.

I sigh too.




And I have already written my love letter
to interior designer and Remodelista contributor
Allison, quite possibly thoroughly creeping her out.
But who can quiet themselves when it comes
to engaging, inspiring design?

*everyone on planet michele shrinks away with shame*


I think Allison and Dehn Bloom Design
are on to something
SOULFULLY DIFFERENT
and
FRESH
and
DEEP,
and I may not know much,





but I know raw beauty when I see it.

I see a 1920's bungalow breathing
with new life thanks to careful thought,
creativity, and intelligent design.





I see innovation and airiness
where excess could have spoiled
the view.





I see comfort.





Such an honor to share her work with you today...




and I have a sneaky suspicion you will
discover another 'Bloom lovely'
love-fest right here, very soon.

Teaser:
just think the most beautiful pantry transformation ever.

Are you enjoying the sunny view
as much as I am today?

Peace to you right where you are.









You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. What a great vibe, she has fabulous style and I love the chic but inviting feeling oozing from this amazing space. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that chandelier over the dining table and THAT DESK are to DIE for! Love it when a designer can show the use of restraint, it's so hard to do!
    Gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous space! I sighed on the first picture the living room is so open and so fresh and clean. Love her use of open pieces as well, fabulous loft.

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dining table and that bedroom! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful designs. Love the black chairs, amazing desk and artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raw beauty... brilliant! What an amazing designer, I love everything about her aesthetic and take on design! Such a rarity finding a designer that speaks to the soul. I can never get enough of your writing... you speak to the soul as well!

    xo
    Des

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love this designer and her beautiful work, right? Love your writing style. Keep up the good work, Michele!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So refreshing, Michele. I love the stairs going up to the loft, and the rustic yet designed rooms are perfect.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks wonderful - and the light is amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the artwork knocks me out too, and i can't wait to share more about the artist in an upcoming post!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhh, it is pretty. I'm in love with the paintings... I would love to do some more abstract unique work like that... I particularly like the one in the dining area...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pics:)
    Love'em ♥

    have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michele,

    This is a wonderful post. Talk about raw decor.. love that kitchen and the office! How do people think these things up? True artists ~ and that I am not sadly, so I try to open my mind and learn from these amazing individuals. Very nice and thanks for sharing :)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Increadibly unique style she has, very inspiring & reinventing the old into modernist retro has never been very natural for me so it is great to keep on learning from such talenets, thanks...hugs Z

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, GORGEOUS. I love that it's such a fabulous mix of styles - it looks elegant and yet rustic, vintage and modern.. plus the artwork is just staggeringly gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing such loveliness!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would pay them too.. :)
    love your post! have a nice evening! hx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love the clever and creative ways to live life to the fullest everyday! Lovely indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous home! I love the painting and chairs in the dining area, --and everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!