Books: Unlikely Animal Friendships

May 08, 2012



Feel the tenderness through the screen?
Nothing in common.
Yet.
Bonded.

Loyalty, compassion, acceptance.

What joy to share these
charming mini-books which unveil
true tales of animal stories by
J e n n i f e r   H o l l a n d.

Unexpected friendships (really!)
spring to life in a new series just for kids:
(Workman,  June 2012).





As beautiful as animal friendship is,
I was moved to ponder in a deeper sense,
the loveliness of unlikely human friendships.

Unlikely.
Unexpected.
Unhindered.

Interspecies friendships keenly ignite
the imagination, do they not?





A wee reminder to
KEEP WONDER and ACCEPTANCE
ALIVE IN YOUR LIFE EVERYDAY.
And never ever feel foolish for letting it shine through.

We will never be too old to be awed, yes?

Peace to you right where you are.



Click for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.




 

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Oh my God, I painted a picture of the baby monkey with the pigeon for an art class. I love that one so much!! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much! Reminds me of my precious kois.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little monkey almost brought a tear to my eye! What a gorgeous photo!

    Cute post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute...
    oh if they can
    we humans have a greater chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post - brings a smile to my face! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are so so sweet. I love animals and especially these kinds of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the sweetest most tender thing I have seen in a long long time. Talk about melting your heart....I love that they are in a book. We need to look at these pictures and take the cue......acceptance, don't judge, patience and tolerance are something the human race needs a lot more of, we can learn from these animals. Have a great day Michele:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so nice! I love the lil monkey...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just so lovely...definitely brought a smile to my face on this rainy day :)

    Speaking of unlikely friendships, I found this pin the other day and it made me go AWWWW!!

    http://pinterest.com/pin/146507794098174828/

    smiles and hugs baby xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so happy you all enjoy these photos and friendships like i do!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We can learn so much from our furry friendsl! A little more compassion and no judgement. Animals seem to accept just about everything including pain and sickness. What a touching post Michele!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. *** Ohhhhh, how these photos EXEMPLIFY what's truly BEAUTIFUL & GOOD (annnnnd ETHEREAL) in life!!!

    Such a HEARTWARMING SMILEMAKER of a posting, for sure!!!

    Mannnnny thanks!

    Linda in AZ *
    bellesmom1234@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWWW this post almost made me cry:) sooo cute...the world needs more love and friendly people in general.

    I follow you I hope you visit me and folow me back:)

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!