garage band stuff

September 19, 2012


This is for YOU.
You three humans who are interested in
my adventures with the new rock band...



We finally named the band!
UNDER OBSERVATION.
So far, it fits.
We have 6 players:
guitar, drums, bass, keyboard, vocal/percussion
and are just getting acquainted...really!
After 4 rehearsals, we gathered on Saturday
for our first gig at a carnival.

LOVED IT.
It has been a while since I was on a stage,
but I'm comfortable up there and just sing
and dance with my tambourine like a masochist.

 Our playlist:

How to Save a Life
Everything's Right Tonight
Knockin on Heaven's Door
Hey Mama
Desperado
Driver 8
Walk the Same Line
Over My Head
Moneygrabber

 Sorry bout the phone photography.
This little vid clip from husband's phone
is part of my solo...the quality is horrible
but this I know, metal heads, future vids will rock.



Yep.
Mama's in a rock band with more gigs
planned...and you are invited!

Song requests???

Peace to you right where you are.
 


p.s.
I am lobbying for Grace Potter & the Nocturnals'
"Paris" song right here.


You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. you kick a** mama rock star! loved the playlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s just awesome - you go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! You are a bonafide rock star Michele!! How wonderful to follow your dreams....the skies the limit, and I can tell you are having a blast....rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I love it. Michele, you rock! The best part is that you're so clearly having a blast. Great play list. Can't wait to hear about the next gig! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed....your really good. If it sounds that good from a phone recording it must of really sounded good in-person. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep. making dreams come true while we're still alive (all of us are in our 40s).

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much fun! that girl has the X factor!!!
    she has always been a performer and i wish i had
    an ounce of her
    showmanship and talent.
    so proud that she's my sis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!!!
    I love it when people live life to the fullest :)
    Yeah Michelle!!
    I'll follow you anywhere :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a rockin' momma you are, Michele! And you sound fabulous!!! How fun that you're living a dream come true, having fun, and blessing others with your music! You go, girl! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like an awesome band!! Love the name too. Rock on!

    www.hollyirwin.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's freakin awesome! Omg... check you out up there singin. You're a natural, and it really looks like so much fun...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rock on Michele! You are something else!! Great pictures and I like the name of your band ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey you already look like a rock star so it's about time!! I'm your guy groupie ;)
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are full of surprises...excited that you are following your dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wooohooooo! Crank them ups amps baby!
    Love the little retro kick.

    I am diggin your band and if your tracks are online, I'm downloading/buying it.

    Btw, thought you'd like to listen to ours. The female vocal is me and on lead is rohan! Head here: http://colabapoint.bandcamp.com/

    You can download them for free or even just listen :)Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my god you rock on wit yer bad self!!! AWESOME I love it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!