Hotel Inspiration: Elysian in Chicago

January 31, 2011



I'm about to get really obnoxious
as I was s.t.o.k.e.d. to discover this place.

Parisian hotel lobby, perhaps?

~designed by french-born architect
Lucien LaGrange

~light fixture inspired by a Chanel brooch

~tres 1920s chic...




MAIS NON!

It's the fabulous
E  l  y  s  i  a  n
in Chicago.

C'est magnifique!



188 guest rooms
averaging 889 square feet.
No other downtown hotel
boasts private terraces.


 
Located steps from Oak Street
and Michigan Avenue shopping.


via busybeingfabulous

While the Eiffel may not be viewable...


this skyline will be!



Did I mention I just booked a suite
at this lovely boutique hotel?



Oui!


Two restaurants here:
Ria
and
Balsan
(named for Etienne Balsan,
who financed Coco Chanel's
first shop)


BTW it's for a girly spa getaway with sister Jo,
not a romantic rendezvous.

FUN and deliciousness
are on the agenda.

Also spontaneous Windy City frolicking.




The 4th floor boasts a
*deep exhale*
14,000 square foot spa.

Will this blogger ever leave the 4th floor?


Je ne sais pas.
No chlorine here.
It's all about the saline for our skin and hair.
Where's my robe?????










A TV in the mirror is always a good sign.


Have we seen enough images of the Elysian?

Never!

Peace to you right where you are.


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. O, my! Love all of them, M!

    So chic!!!

    I hope you stay warm there and be safe.. the storm will be crazy, I hear. We'll be getting it tomorrow... I'm no liking this winter! :-)

    xo


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    Post of the day: An Elegant House by Canadian Interior Designer Scott Yetman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, it's a shame that as soon as I find your wonderful blog, we end up falling out!

    Ok, ok, not really I'm just green with envy ;) Gorgeous pics, I'm a sucker for black velvet... Enjoy, you lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i'll have to make it up to you, Red.

    this is truly the most obnoxious post ever! i am so not worthy of this place. lost my head after finding the pics online after booking. REALITY: sitting here in sweats writing another boring article and feelin old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just come over to Paris Michele and feel the city !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting married there next September! {great post, by the way}

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to feel Paris, Rudi! it's a little less effort to tool over to the Elysian.

    why don't you create a blog already and treat us all to Belgium beauty? takes like 30 seconds.

    happy to meet you, michele--what a fabulous place to tie the knot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH this is heavenly!!! How fun for a girls weekend or I suppose I could take the hubby too. :) Thank you for sharing this!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!