Personal Reflections: Silver Little Lovelies

January 20, 2011



The winter light
is naturally beautiful
today so no edits
were needed for photos
I snapped of these little lovelies.

all of them were free or picked up for pennies!
yet they live large in my dining room hutch.


a locket holding a smiling happy couple

I'm reminded today of
one of my sister's
favorite phrases:

Happiness is not having
what you want,
it's wanting what you have.


something sparkly, something holy, something mysterious

The paper cutting
is a memory.
Not an art project
but a sweet accident
created by a son.





antique rosaries

Too precious to hide away.


lovely fleur de lis


flatware probably scored in a 'free' box at a tag sale rest inside an old English crock


we wear them!

another teeny old sterling box


I'm loving photography today
have a lovely week!

all photos mine

Peace to you right where you are.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. These are great photos. I really want a macro lens. My point and shoot can zoom in really well but my new lens is only 17-55mm so now close-ups for me for now!

    I love old silver-wear it has a charm that you just don't get when you buy new. These are gorgeous.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele,

    This is stunning! I love silver since I was a kid. I remember that every jewelry that my mom had was silver (she loves it too) and I used to play with them.

    Your pictures are so well taken. Congratulations!

    By the way, I was laughing so much with your comment today! :-)

    Have a great weekend, sweetie!

    xo


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos make all these beautiful treasures shine. Goregeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretties! Your sister had a very good saying...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! I am really loving Catholic pieces right now. Thanks for sharing at Transformations and Treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Pretty! Thanks for joining my Friday Pretties Party today!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your photos are so lovely! Thanks for sharing such gorgeousness! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos~ they are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!