Personal Reflections: Universal Beauty

January 24, 2011


Since I was very young
I've been fascinated
by the vastness of the cosmos
and by teeny tiny worlds.

(above: alluvial fan)


split end - human hair

Not interested enough to study
quantum physics mind you,
but awed.

By the mastery,
the mystery,
and the creative genius,
of so many lovely
galaxies and subatomic particles.



Coahuila - Mexico

When I was seven or so
and sleepless in the wee hours,
the terrifying thought that before creation
there existed nothingness
which my mind could not paint a picture of
kept me awake with tears.

Even dark spaces out there are
SOMETHING,
I reasoned...
so what is
NOTHING?


red blood cells

Now that I am older,
still I occasionally shudder.
What is nothing?
What is antimatter?
What is the purpose of all the space in between
heavenly bodies and molecules?

Thus, the mystery.


Do I sound like Miss Spiritual Fancypants or what?
Not to worry. Blood cells above?
For me, they bring to mind blood and vampires
and hence, Robert Pattinson.
See?
My ADD superficial side allows me to
deviate quickly from philosophy.
Let's face it.
The Brit gives good face.


Delta region - Netherlands


I think it's helpful at times
to ponder our place in this universe.


human egg

Are you small and insignificant?


Demini River - NW Brazil

Or are you magnificent and 

at the center of it?



mosquito heart

Could you be both?



Ghadamis River - Libya

Or is everything deep within you,


sulfur compound

everything deep within the earth,


Great Sandy Desert - Australia

and everything deep beyond the galaxies,
equally magnificent?

Peace to you right where you are.



INTERIOR DESIGN

RENOVATION

ART/DESIGN

CREATIVES

DIY

BEAUTY/FASHION

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Oh my god why has no one commented on this post? I came over because you asked me to on my blog (see? I'm good like that and I wanted to see the lovely that awaited me) and I have already become quite smitten. This post is amazing. I actually LOL'd at the 'Not enough to study quantum physics' line because I am of a very similar mindset. The mysteries of the universe facinate me as well and I love the images you've chosen. Right, I have a feeling I'll be getting stuck in here for a while! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HALLELUJAH SOMEONE SAW THE POST!

    thanks for reading. i'm crazy for these sorts of photos because of how similar micro and macro seem to be and how they're equally beautiful and interesting.

    pleased to meet u!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos. :)I'd love for you to link this up over at my {wow me} wednesday link party going on over on my blog right now. :) Following from Fingerprints on the Fridge. :)



    Ginger

    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!