Artist Inspiration: Maira Kalman

January 19, 2011


New York artist
Maira Kalman
is famous for her
work in
The New Yorker
and
children's books,
and I find her
simply delightful.




I  own many of her books,
and each feels like a little
treasure trove of wit and wisdom.






I think what I like most
about her work
is how it is consistently
one-off and childlike
(not childish!)
in its whimsy.



(Penguin Press HC)
is more fun than I can say.


Maira blogged for the New Yorker
(And the Pursuit of Happiness),
and you can enjoy her posts
here.

Peace to you right where you are.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a great style she has. So completely her own. I like people like that.

    And that patisserie? It's amaaaaazing. I think *I* would be the one in muddy wellies, trailing my dirt in after me!!

    Oh, the shame!
    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!