Modern Decor Inspiration: Soho Loft of Alex Katz

January 07, 2011


Extreme minimalism,
glossy reflective floors,
and art, GLORIOUS art
abound
in the Soho loft
(fabulously photographed by VERNE)

belonging to artist

A L E X   K A T Z.




Mr. Katz is now 83.
He and his wife
have lived here
more than 25 years.

Think the couple
would let me rollerskate
through their artsy loft?

Hmmm. Maybe if I brought
my special gooey homemade
cinnamon bread.



Such a treat
to peek in
an artist's
workspace.

This artist says
he thinks for a long time
and then
paints as fast as he can.

Reminds me of artist
Maira Kalman
saying she tries not to
"get it right" but
only to get it how she sees it.







So charming.



A few of the artist's lovely prints:


Eleuthra

portrait of a poet Kenneth Koch

umbrella

So have you re-decorated
and re-furnished
this loft to your liking
in your mind?

What does it look like?

Peace to you right where you are.

sources: owi.biz and alexkatz.com






INTERIOR DESIGN

RENOVATION

ART/DESIGN

CREATIVES

DIY

BEAUTY/FASHION

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hello my lovely friend!

    Do you know yet that I truly admire your blog and love having you commenting every day on my blog,and that I think you're a REALLY fun person? Maybe you do, but just in case if you aren't sure, I just awarded you the Stylish Blogger award, so we can celebrate it together!!! :-)

    I hope you enjoy it! :-)

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you,

    I'm thinking just sliding around on my bum would be fab on those floors. I just know my children would want to skid and slide!! But roller-skating? Yeah! I'll go with you!! You bring the cinnamon bread - that sounds amazing. Please could I have a piece on the way?!

    I LOVE the art in the post above, by the way. It's increible. I just wanted to stare and stare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm enjoying! truly enjoying, L.

    you make sliding around on our bums sound delightful, Sarah. you, me, and Luciane can meet in NY to surprise the Katz's and i'll bring the cinnamon goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add to the beauty...thanks in advance for your kindness.

blogher

Farmhouse Finds!